Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Ready to open! Maybe...

Barb and I are getting super excited about getting into the building and cleaning in order to decorate and organize the shop. Thanks to everyone who's expressed interest in taking some classes! Seems there are a lot of people out there who'd love to start selling online... we will have a class for this and Barb will be teaching crochet and knitting.

I've been busy creating some shabby chic purses out of a 100 year old quilt I found last summer at a garage sale. One edge was destroyed and there were a few stains, so I felt okay about cutting this beautiful quilt apart. Here's what I've come up with so far:

upcycled quilt handbag

And here are a few inspirational ideas for your crafting projects I've found online. You can click on the photos if you'd like to see more of that artist's work.

letterpress recipe cards

Letterpress! I wanted to dig into this while working at the newspaper, but I never got a chance to explore it... maybe one of these days.

love pillow

Love this love pillow by Honey Pie Design. We will have a cricut at the shop and will be able to do some cuts for those without a cricut. Maybe we can even get some cartridge swapping going on... those are expensive!

bunny brooch

Thanks for stopping by our blog, and please feel free to tell your friends about the blog and the shop! Local businesses are welcome to advertise on this blog; we'll be reaching out to all the neighboring communities as we progress. Contact me for more info.
Jonnie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...